August 5, 2011

blood, sweat, & corn

I am officially moved in (minus the oodle amount of plastic containers in my storage room). I could not have made this transition into my lovely apartment without the help and support of my amazing family (shout-outs you know who you are). Here is a brief recap of the past 3 days: We arrived to Shenandoah on Tuesday afternoon. Pulled right up to the front door of my apartment (which is located above a shop on main street). Yes, that means many steps to go up, a roaring 20 to the top! With a nice rally line of people, we hauled my loved posessions (treasure not trash..y) up into MY place. It was the HOTTEST day ever might I add. We literally had to be careful to not get a heat stroke! On Wednesday more reinforcement came to help haul in the mega-heavy items.

Fast forward to this evening (Friday), My place is finally looking like someone not only lives in it, but a delightful 23 year old left handed lady at that. ;) My mom is staying a few extra days with me to really help get me on my feet and organized (Lord knows I need help with that). I will be spending my first night tomorrow alone...just Leo and myself.






I have a bunch of emotions running rampid as of late. There are many things I am unsure of and uneasy about currently; though I know this is to come with moving to a brand new place. But I do know that I am in the right place, it seems to fit, and I have a form of peace about it all.

Delight Fact: 4 shops down on the corner form my place is a local bakery. A large coffee is only 75 cents!

**I will update the status on my classroom on my next post. I have realized with the way I type and the effort it takes me to not put EVERYTHING on here has caused me to break up and choose what and when I post.

No comments:

Post a Comment