July 17, 2013

KinderYear 3



   It is with a slightly surreal feeling that I am now beginning to focus on the upcoming school year. My 3rd year of being a Kindergarten teacher to be exact. Teachers report back to on August 12th, students return for the first day of school on August 15th.
  This is the point in the summer where my mind begins to run on overload and I tend to go down the path of stressing out and over-thinking (no surprise there) of all the things I need,could,should get done for the upcoming school year. Prepping for my new kinder-family, my pins on Pinterest are at an all time high and I have many ideas circulating. I am experimenting with different management and positive reinforcement ideas, classroom set-up, big ideas and little ideas, etc.  I would think after a few years of teaching I could more easily delegate and organize what I need to do to get things done...hahaha.
   A goal of mine is to make sure that my classroom routines, management, reinforcements, functionality, is all done consistently and not over-detailed and where the kiddos can understand it; well developed too. (Last year, I had the 'bucket-filler' idea for reinforcing behavior, 'tickets', and 'smiles'...all these are good, but one would have worked just fine). 

   However; at the end of the day I need to remember that the kids will come, they will be loved and cared for; leaving my classroom knowing, learning and feeling the love.
********************************
 Resources:
*hope to utilize some of the information/ideas for the upcoming school year*

Pinterest - classroom creations
The Sisters - literacy
Cupcake 4 Teacher - positive ideas
Behavior Management - card system

No comments:

Post a Comment