June 3, 2013

Give Me 5



Handprints...each one is unique just like the person who they belong to. I have always loved little hand & foot prints. My first class last year put their hand prints on a bookshelf that is now in my classroom. Each holiday I incorporate a project that involves their hands. It was only fitting that there was an end of the year 'hand-print' picture too.

Purpose: 

As a class we discussed the importance of being a class who respects one another, "We are a family" one of my students said. I had a notebook and I told the class that I was going to say a students name and as a class we were going to say encouraging and meaningful words that came to mind about that specific friend in the class. The kiddos loved it, and the things they said about one another were heart-warming. In a class (even Kindergarten) some are better friends than others...but they all had kind words to say to one another. 


This group of kiddos are caring and kind learners. :)

Supplies:

*Construction paper
*Washable paint
*Black sharpie marker
*Photo of each student (we had stickers from the school)
*Glue

I included the project in an 'Envelope Gift' for each of my Kinder-Kiddos. 

No comments:

Post a Comment