June 8, 2013

Holding on...


My Love for you won’t walk out, 
fail, or ever come to an end. 
 (Deut. 31:8)




 ********
*Today my mind is getting in the way of being receptive to the Word. To letting it sink in and penetrate my heart and soul. I want His words to be written on my heart (Psalm 40:8). A deep struggle of mine is fully grasping, accepting, and understanding that God is 100% for me and Loves me at all times. That nothing changes that, no matter how horrible, ridiculous, or passive I am. It is not about me, it is about Him. I fear if I let my guard down to vulnerability and hope, I will be left and rejected. As if I am striving to be accepted by God; forgetting that I cannot earn grace and that I am already accepted by Him. In the Bible it says His love is constant, He is for me, He remains faithful even in my unfaithfullness. Although I am fleeting in my thoughts and decisions and acceptance...He is not. Have I ever truly accepted this and trusted this? I want to, and I need to. God's word is unchanging and His love is steadfast...I need to grab on to that, white-knuckled and all.
 ******** 

He is alive and real and present. Although my feelings may change, or my thoughts tell me otherwise...he is ever present and FOR ME!
      

1 comment:

  1. I love this and I love that you are writing and reading! I am so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete