June 25, 2013

Windy City Reunited




    I am spending the week in Chicago visiting Drew and Katie!
I easily forget how wonderful it is that I have such a close relationship with Katie.
 I think that has also brought Drew and I closer together too.
 I am very excited to spend quality time with them...and of course explore the city more. :)
This is my 5th time coming to visit...I wan to be more than a tourist this time...
*****************

**Pictures below are courtesy of D&K


 As much as I want to put off the vibe and dwell as a local; I cannot resist taking pictures (a ridiculous amount I think) or craning my neck. However, I told Katie that my plan was to spend my money strategically as a local and not like a tourist. No touristy spots; more one of a kind spots. I have been successful on that vibe thus far (my wallet thanks me). 
******
 I am so happy for Drew & Katie; living life in the city as a young married couple, actively involved in their profession. I do miss them dearly, and continue to hope that one day they will be closer than 7 hours from me. :) With me now living in the country, it is great to get a 'city fix' when I go to visit them. While visiting was entertaining and exciting...I have a new respect for the calm life of Shenandoah. Where natural beauty is magnified and conversation is/should be cherished even more. Non the less; I look forward to my visits to the Windy City and seeing Drew & Katie.

Enjoying "The Bean" @ Millennium Park

No comments:

Post a Comment